Legal Aid of Marin has a fantastic opportunity for a part-time bookkeeper with knowledge of QuickBooks Online. If you want to work in an environment where people are dedicated to helping those most in need in our communities this could be the right fit for you. Your ability to multi-task, plus your superb organizational skills will ensure you are able to fit in with this team.
The mission of Legal Aid of Marin is to provide access to the civil justice system to low-income, vulnerable and otherwise underserved residents of Marin County, and to strive for practical solutions to client problems through quality legal service.
Brief Description of position: Work with the Executive Director to oversee all financial operations and structure. Work with outside CPA to prepare short/long-term financial forecasts of financial position reports for external parties and internal management.
Qualifications: Experience working with an outside CPA to prepare financial statements for management, foundations, government funders and nonprofit boards. Strong knowledge of EXCEL, QuickBooks Online, and payroll software. Degree in finance or accounting preferred. Individual must be self-starter, motivated, detail-oriented and continually improve processes as needed.
Hours and Days per Week: 16 hours, 3-4 days a week – scheduling is flexible.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Accounting: budgeting, A/R, journal entries, monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations, cash receipts management, month and year-end close, general ledger, accounts payable, help with preparation of financial audits and tax documents.
• Help develop, implement and maintain internal controls, maintain financial records, prepare financial aspects of grant reports.
• Prepare financial statements and reports for funders, management and board.
• Work with Board of Directors Finance Committee to prepare annual budget and prepare the organization for various audits.
• Administer payroll and employee benefit programs.
E-mail email@example.com with cover letter and resume. Include “Bookkeeper” in the subject line. No phone calls.
Employment Type: Non-exempt, hourly, part-time